# Nibiru Chain
Nibiru is a breakthrough smart contract platform providing superior throughput, reduced latency, and improved security, all driven by Web Assembly (Wasm) smart contracts.
# Nibiru Ecosystem
# Native dApps
Nibi-Perps: A perpetual futures exchange where users can take leveraged exposure and trade on a plethora of assets — completely on-chain, completely non-custodially, and with minimal gas fees.
Nibi-Swap: Nibi-Swap is an automated market maker protocol for multichain assets. This application gives users access to swaps, pools, and bonded liquidity gauges.
Nibiru Oracles: Nibiru accurately prices assets using a native, system of decentralized oracles. Both external APIs and smart contracts can tap into the Oracle Module for secure, low-latency feeds.
NUSD Stablecoin: Nibiru powers a two-token economic model, where NIBI is the staking and utility token for the blockchain and NUSD serves as a fully-collateralized stablecoin interface for bridging or ramping fiat to and from the chain.
Nibiru acts as a permission-less platform for developers to deploy secure, production-grade smart contracts in Rust.
- Inter-Blockchain Communication (IBC) (opens new window): Nibiru communicates with other Cosmos layer-1 chains using the IBC protocol. IBC enables secure and censorship-resistant transfers of funds between blockchains, cross-chain computation, and transmission of arbitrary data.
- Nibiru Chain Consensus Engine
# More on Nibiru
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Nibiru Blog (opens new window)
- Nibiru #14 | Web3 Super App: What it Takes for Mainstream Adoption (opens new window)
# Contribution guidelines for this documentation
You can contribute to improve this documentation by submitting a
GitHub ticket in our
website-help repository (opens new window).